ROLEC has expanded its popular range of starCASE IP66 plastic enclosures to meet increasing demand across a wide range of industrial sectors.
These highly attractive and versatile plastic enclosures are now available in two new sizes: 140 x 110 x 60mm and 180 x 150 x 60mm.
Typical applications include monitoring systems, heating and air conditioning controllers, safety equipment, security systems and test and measurement devices.
Design engineers appreciate the many unique design features of starCASE ABS enclosures:
- case fixings screws and wall mounting shafts are hidden behind two hinged lid trims
- these lid trims open wide for quick and easy screwdriver access
- once starCASE is mounted on a wall or machine, the lid trims can then be clipped into the closed position, concealing all fixings.
ROLEC’s starCASE electrical enclosures are flame retardant and rated to UL 94 V-0. The standard colour is light grey (RAL 7035) and – uniquely for this type of enclosure – the cases have a modern fine-textured surface finish.
Internal screw pillars are moulded in the top and base parts for mounting PCBs, DIN-Rails and displays. Prices start from £21.
ROLEC’S starCASE wall mount enclosures are fully insulated to VDE 0100 and sealed to protection class IP66 for indoor and outdoor use. The moulded gasket is designed for easy replacement during long term maintenance.
The starCASE range of waterproof enclosures is now available in seven standard sizes with external dimensions of:
- 120 x 90 x 50mm
- 160 x 90 x 50mm
- 140 x 110 x 60mm
- 200 x 110 x 60mm
- 160 x 130 x 60mm
- 180 x 150 x 60mm
- 280 x 170 x 60mm
Cases are assembled with four rustproof stainless steel fixing screws which are positioned outside the sealed interior. An optional key lock can also be fitted for added security.
To aid installation and servicing, two plastic lid supports are also provided and the wall fixing dimensions are moulded on the underside of the cases.
ROLEC can supply starCASE enclosures with additional holes for push buttons, connectors and displays plus silk-screen printed legends and logos. EMC shielding is also available.
ROLEC electronic enclosures are marketed in the UK by OKW Enclosures Ltd of Fareham, Hampshire.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “The starCASE range is proof that tough high performance enclosures can still be attractive, enhancing the value of the electronics equipment that they protect.
“This is one of the reasons that starCASE has proven to be such a winner with electronics designers. The extensive demand made extending the range a foregone conclusion.”
Features of starCASE instrument enclosures:
- Modern sealed electronic enclosures
- Go anywhere: wall, bulkhead, machine
- Ideal for electronics or electrical systems
- Hinged flush-fitting trims hide case fixings
- Screw shafts for wall mounting hidden under the hinged trims
- Two plastic lid retaining straps included
- Recess in lid for mounting a membrane keypad
- Internal screw pillars for PCBs
- Four self-tapping PCB mounting screws included
- Material – ABS, Flame Retardant (UL 94 V-0)
- Protection Class – IP66
- Colour – light grey, RAL 7035
- Accessories – key lock for lid, rubber feet, security kit, security pin.
Family-owned ROLEC has at least three decades of experience in the design and manufacture of industrial enclosures for electronics and electrical equipment.
In addition to starCASE, ROLEC also manufactures 15 other ranges of IP66 enclosures including aluPLUS, aluDISC, aluNORM, aluCASE, aluCLIC and aluTWIN.